NRX 9' #8 4pc Combo w/Ross Animas 7/8 Reel and Choice of SA or Wulff Line
NRX 9' #8 4pc with Ross 7/8 Animas Reel and
Scientific Angler Grand Slam Fly Line
(Please note left or right hand retrieve and color of backing when checking out. Default retrieve is left with 175yds white backing)
NRX® Proven performance. Using Mega-modulus material with incredible tensile strength, and our most advanced proprietary GL7 Resin System, rods built on the NRX matrix are the lightest, most sensitive traditionally constructed graphite rods ever produced by G. Loomis. Up to 20% lighter and 25% stronger than comparable models in the GLX series, these rods are insanely light, recover quickly, and will help casters improve distance and accuracy, regardless of skill or ability.
• Mega-modulus graphite construction • GL7 Resin System utilizes 30% less material than traditional resins • Multi-Taper Design reinforces potential stress points within the blank while reducing unnecessary graphite material
The 2019 Animas takes the time-proven features that made the original Animas a guide favorite and incorporates new machined features that bring it into the modern era of Ross.
A fully-redesigned frame and spool are highlights of the new Animas. The spool shows off the cutting-edge manufacturing techniques Ross Reels has developed, delivering a design that is incredibly strong and visually stunning. The Animas also re-joins the family by incorporating an ultra-light canvas phenolic handle which gets tackier when wet. A new trouble-free spool release yields zero-maintenance performance, allowing the Animas to be ready for any fresh or saltwater excursion.
The frame is accented by a machined silhouette of the Colorado mountains in Ross Reels’ backyard. Its uniquely ported design and structural profile are eye-catching industry firsts. The two-tone drag knob sports an updated aesthetic with a lower profile and increased grip. An improved composite drag system delivers more power in an established Ross design used and loved by more than 80,000 fly anglers the world over.
Scientific Angler Grand Slam Line #8
The first series of lines to feature the revolutionary AST PLUS slickness additive, the Amplitude will shoot farther and last longer than any other line on the market. It’s slickness down to a science.
Tarpon. Bonefish. Permit. All in one day. All on one fly line. That’s the idea behind the Amplitude Grand Slam, a line designed specifically to help you achieve one of angling’s most elusive accomplishments. With a short, powerful head the Grand Slam cuts through wind and turns over crabs, shrimp, and tarpon toads with ease. We’ve got the line. You just need the fish.
- Features the revolutionary AST Plus slickness additive for superior shooting ability and increased durability
- Floating Texture on the tip section for the ultimate in flotation
- Shooting Texture running line delivers longer casts
- Designed for demanding tropical saltwater applications
- Loads rods quickly, cuts through the wind with ease, and turns over big saltwater flies
- Short, powerful head for quick casts to moving targets
- Tropi-Core technology for tropical climates