Helios 3 9' #8 4pc Artist Collab Rod and Reel Combo
- Helios™ 3D 9', 8-weight, 4-piece custom rod
- Hand-burned Tim Johnson bonefish on the cork grip
- Each image is unique in this special edition series
- Ocean blue rod identifier flag
- Matte black blank
- Matte black rod tube with tonal glossy black Helios 3 logo
Mirage LT IV is the reel in this combo.
There are times when less is more—the new Mirage LT fly reel is everything its big brother is, but designed to balance perfectly with lighter rods and yet still offer legendary Mirage engineering and performance. Mirage LT features a lighter version of the sealed and maintenance-free carbon and stainless steel disc drag system that adjusts from zero to full drag in a single drag knob rotation. With zero start-up inertia and precise low-end control it eliminates line shock and protects light tippets with the same silky smooth drag, and yet offers more stopping power than you will ever need for trout, bass, pike, musky, or carp. 30% lighter and 30% narrower, the Mirage LT is made in New Hampshire by the same skilled American craftsmen that build the Mirage. The LT offers the same increased retrieve rates, reduction in line coil, and is machined from the same strong, yet lightweight, 6061 T6 aluminum barstock as the Mirage. Ergonomically designed, machined aluminum handle. Quick-release spool easily converts from left- to right-hand retrieve. Type II anodizing. Titanium shaft reduces weight and adds durable power transmission. Fully radiused reel foot prevents kinked leaders. Low-profile counterweight won't catch fingers or fly lines. In midnight with silver accents, olive with silver accents, and red/white/blue. Made in USA.
- Designed to balance perfectly with lighter freshwater or saltwater rods
- Zero start-up inertia and precise low-end control protects light tippets
- Lighter version of the sealed and maintenance-free carbon and stainless steel disc drag
- Adjusts from zero to full drag in a single drag knob rotation
- 30% lighter and 30% narrower than Mirage®
- Excellent for trout, bass, pike, musky, or carp
- It is an excellent reel in saltwater! I use it for three weeks last winter in South Andros. It rinses salt away with water.
- Strong, yet lightweight, 6061 T6 aluminum
- Type II anodizing
- Quick-release spool easily converts from left- to right-hand retrieve
The combo line is a Orvis Pro Saltwater Tropic. It is a fantastic line for saltwater fishing. The long taper allows you to carry more line in the air when you miss that bonefish on the first cast. I LOVE THIS LINE.
(If you want a different line just let us know.)
PRO Saltwater Tropic Textured Fly Lines offer increased surface area, allowing the line to sit higher in the water, offering less drag, easier mending, less water spray and easier pick-ups. The micro-textured surface traps air to provide increases in both shootability and floatation while decreasing friction. PRO Saltwater Tropic is an exceptional line designed to meet the needs of anglers chasing tropic game fish, whether by skiff or wading the flats. The line was built with a stout head for wind-cutting power and distance casting ability, and yet the carefully engineered advanced, convex compound front taper is fine-tuned to improve the presentation for those spooky fish cruising a flat. The PRO Saltwater Tropic is built on a stiff monofilament core to retain optimum performance in hot weather and warmer water. 6 wt.-12 wt.
- AST Plus treatment provides continuous slickness that incorporates completely, continuously migrates out, works longer, and is eight times slicker than any other slickness additive available for better shooting, improved floatation, and performance. Easily sheds dirt and oils allowing line to perform better longer
- Orvis Line ID quickly identifies the line with the taper, weight and functionality
- Enhanced welded loop makes leader attachment quick and easy while holding up to repeated use. Helps to transfer energy more efficiently to the leader allowing better turnover
- All PRO lines are 90' in length and incorporate three color sections at 8'(stealth tip), 30' (from the tip), and rear taper and running line